Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hotel on Park Lane

I feel like I'm walking around a giant Monopoly game when in London and it is therefore a little strange to be staying in a hotel on Park Lane; the Sheraton in case you were wondering.

First order of duty after checking in was checking out the 'fitness facility' or whatever they happen to call it. Admittedly my hopes were not high after seeing the meagre description & photo on the website (click on the third picture under features and activities). But it was a little better than expectations, at least they had some weights:Other than the dumbbells which range from 2kg to 20kg in 2kg increments and the bench, there are some cardio machines - 1 stepper, 2 treadmills, 1 incumbent resistance cycle, 1 regular resistance cycle and 1 cross trainer. I think these machines are the deluxe ones where you can watch tv if you press the wrong thing on the lcd... evidence to follow.

Then there are a selection of lifefitness machines such as chest press, leg curl, leg extension and something akin to lat pulldown.

This is what I have to work with, no obvious way to perform pullups and no oly bar.

So, here are my tools, I am taking suggestions for some workouts that I can do with or without this gear. I'm thinking lots of pushups, dumbbell thrusters, presses, etc.

I'm planning to check out the local parks for a bar or bodyweight equipment.

1 comment:

Paul said...

well, as generally happens I didn't get a chance to plan my workouts very well. not only that but I compensated for lack of energy from flying/less sleep with bigger meals to keep the brain moving.

the upshot was my energy levels were good for the workload.

downside was I seem to have come back with some extra padding... this I am not happy about.

I noticed the impact while I was there so my workouts had a higher cardio component (usually treadmill based running - increasing speed up to 16km/hr for a few minutes, total of 2-3km).

I managed to mount the lifefitness lat pulldown machine to do some chins/pullups but it was pretty ugly :D

the majority of exercises were with the dumbells and bench including db benchpress, overhead presses, weighted bench dips, decline pushups etc.

my strength hasn't waned which is good but my fitness level seems to have dropped a little, looking forward to getting back into the bootcamps soon.

I think I'll work more cardio into my gym sessions in an attempt to drop some of this extra fat. SDLHP, thrusters, ball slams and rowing will feature heavily.

also hoping summer and stress will help me naturally drop bf%

it's time to get cut...